In this blog, you will get to know about Odoo v12 SaaS documentation and implementation. Odoo SaaS (Software as a service) is a model for the distribution of software where customers access the software through the medium of the Internet. In Odoo SaaS a third-party provider hosts applications and makes them available to customers via the Internet.
Applications of SaaS
- Customer Relationship Management
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Sales Management
- Point of Sale(POS)
Advantages of SaaS
- Odoo SaaS applications are accessible through the medium of the Internet.
- Odoo SaaS is highly scalable as it allows customers to access features on-demand.
- In Odoo SaaS implementation no hardware is required by the customer
- Odoo SaaS software is occupied from a third-party service provider and the payment is done on a subscription basis which depends on the usage of the infrastructure.
- Odoo SaaS application can be simply available on any remote desktop or mobile phone.
The Odoo SaaS is useful for organizations/companies which provide SaaS subscription to client varies from their business workflow. Odoo SaaS can be accessed by one or more clients with a unique username and password.
In this documentation, you will see the flow of Odoo v12 SaaS along with their configuration so let’s proceed.
Under portal db ‘portal.leadgenerationapps.com’
- First, you have to create a template form ‘Plans’ menu under ‘SaaS’ menu.
Go to SaaS menu> Plans> New> Create template
- Now click on ‘SaaS Server’ and create Template by click on ‘Create template DB’.
- As template DB is created. You can log in to that template DB from ‘Log in template DB’ button, it will redirect you to the template DB.
Under template DB
1. Install all the modules(Apps) which should be included in your plan.
As you can see two users are created: Administrator and Name.
Select the ‘Administrator’ user.
Set access rights in the admin user because when any new client’s database would be created, the system will use this template to give access to the admin user and only your company would have admin access.
- In ‘owner_template_login’ user, define the access because when any new client’s database would be created, the function will use this template to give access to that user.
– When a client’s DB would be created he/she will only have specified access.
- Go to Settings> Users&Companies> OAuth Providers and click on ‘SaaS’ data.
- Disable ‘Allowed’ checkbox if it is enabled.
Under portal DB ‘portal.leadgenerationapps.com’
1. In portal DB ‘portal.leadgenerationapps.com’
Create a product and select a plan in ‘Related SaaS plan’ field.
Publish a website using ‘Unpublished on website’ button.
- Click on ‘Unpublished’.
For a customer, signup go to ‘portal.leadgenerationapps.com’
1. If a customer doesn’t have an account, using ‘Don’t have an account’ customer can signup.
2. Enter your Email, Name, and Password. Customer can signup.
- Now click on the ‘Shop’ button
- Select the product(plan).
5. Click on ‘Add to cart’ and keep qty as 1.
- Click on ‘Process checkout’.
- Add address an go to ‘Next’.
- Confirm the order.
- Pay the invoice using the ‘Pay Now’ button.
- After payment, the following screenshot would show up.
Under Portal DB ‘Portal.leadgenerationapps.com’
1. Confirm the client’s quotation and create the invoice.
- ‘Validate’ the invoice and then Click on ‘Register payment’.
After ‘Register payment’ completion the customer will get the email.
1. Check your email and Signup with the login and go to the link mentioned in the following screenshot.
- It will redirect you to the form as shown in the following screenshot.
3. It will create customer DB with the provided DB name.
In case you are looking for Odoo SaaS v12 implementation for your Organization you can get in touch with us here.